EUROMEDCITY is a congregation of euromediterranean cities which aims
at informing and spreading common experiences and examples of good practice.
In a time of economic, political and social transformations determined
by the advancing of a globalised market, the Fondazione Laboratorio Mediterraneo
enphasises the identity of mediterranean cities and acts through projects
and actions re-qualifying the urban context and and its liveability. The
Euromedcity network intends to:
· Constitute a "Charter of Mediterranean Cities".
· Create meeting opportunities between operators and researcher
of the phenomena of mediterranean cities within the framework of MEDA
· Refine instruments of "city interpretation", of the
needs of its inhabitants through active and participative research instruments,
capable of collecting information relating to the structural (territory-landscape
framework), social (work organisation, employment, migration processes,
etc.) and anthropological-relational aspects (sense of belonging, community
feeling, level of well-being and quality of life, etc.) of cities.
· Increase exchange of competence communication processes and resources
for good administration.
· Activate and diffuse instruments and methodologies of active
participation, favouring a self-empowerment process of the citizens, which
would allow their participation to city decision-making.
· Constitute the Map of European cities linked to the Mediterranean
by water ways (canals, rivers, lagoons).
· Create methodologies able to recover hydraulic engineering works
linked to port activities and river navigation.
· Re-evaluate the cultural heritage (artistic, environmental, architectural
and archaeological) of cities in order to promote the cultural and tourist
offer also through the promotion of historic town centres.
· Improve competencies for the resolution of conflicts in the government
of cities also through the creation of new professions:
a) Training courses for social operators and/or volunteers from institutions
and associations present in the field to promote development;
b) Organisation of a conference on themes of potential conflict: protection
of coastal areas, large road infrastructures, solid urban waste, industrial
c) Organisation of a workshop on each aspect with the participation of
all actors involved.
d) Running of a Forum involving all the representatives of Euromedcity.
The identification and constitution of the various branches and bureaux
is entrusted to the FONDAZIONE LABORATORIO MEDITERRANEO, invested by the
II FORUM CIVILE EUROMED to proceed, by its own initiative and means, firstly
to the constitution of the EUROMEDCITY and later to the conception and
realisation of its spatial organisation.